
Emily is in her second year of ballet at Jacqueline Colledge Ballet School. This is actually her fourth year of ballet (she had two years of pre-ballet at the Academy of Ballet). I love to watch her dance. Parents get to come and watch on the last class of each month, and I was so enthralled with her grace and posture and strength/flexibility. She learns quickly and has such a great sense of rhythm and movement--especially for a 7-year-old. Most of her class instruction is spent on technic at this age. I am biased I know, but I think she is one of the most poised and natural ballerinas in her class. I can't wait to see her dance in the Nutcracker again this year. She just found out she will be performing as a Cookie again! We'd love for anyone interested to come see her! I'll post ticket info soon.
4 comments:
You can definitely tell even just from the pictures that her body is very graceful. I wish I could see her in the Nutcracker. I can't wait until Alia gets to that stage. She is in a pre-ballet type class right now and loves it. Todd and I just got to watch the last 10 minutes of her class last week and found that, we too, are biased and thought she was by far the most graceful and rhythmic kid in there :) I'm really hoping she'll stick with this because I think she'll be a lot like Emily and be a great dancer.
Awesome! I think our family has a ton of musical talent, and dancing is all about music! I hope we can see Alia dance sometime.
What great pictures!!! She looks beautiful and absolutely a natural....and of course I'm not biased. I'm so glad you posted all these pictures and narrative!! Way to go, Shauna!!!
Yay for the next generation of ballerinas! She does look lovely.
Post a Comment